When life gets busy, it’s easy to forget about your nutrition, hit the drive-thru on the way home from work and let the extra snacks, drinks and more sneak in.
But making some time for weekly meal prepping is one of the best ways to make it easier to stick to your plan, and reach your goals as well!
If you are struggling with making time to meal prep, here are a few tips to simplify things:
1. Cook bulk protein (chicken, beef, etc) to mix and match meals
2. Cook bulk carbohydrates (rice, potatoes, etc) to add in
3. Use frozen veggies
4. Make sheet pan meals (Pinterest has tons)
5. Utilize crockpot or instant pot to cook for you
6. Use meal prep companies to cook for you. Here are a few:
- Lean Kitchen (Topeka/Lawrence/Kansas City)
- Clean Eatz (ships to you)
- Fit Flavors (Missouri)
No matter how you choose to meal prep, just make sure you are taking some time each week to get organized and have a plan in place!